|10/10/12 - Wales: Growth Fund to boost businesses in energy & environment sector|
|Government Press Releases - CHP|
Growth Fund to boost businesses in energy & environment sectorBusiness Minister Edwina Hart has launched a new pilot SME Growth Fund specifically designed to support Wales based businesses in the Energy and Environment Sector.
Wednesday 10 October 2012
The £330,000 Energy & Environment SME Growth Fund will initially run for two years and provide up to a maximum of £50,000 funding for eligible projects.
It is anticipated the Fund will help create more than sixty new jobs and safeguard around forty jobs in the first twelve months, securing more than £290,000 of additional investment.
Announcing the new Fund Mrs Hart said:
“Access to finance is vital for the growth of smaller business and as this is not readily available in the current economic climate the Welsh Government has taken the lead in creating this new fund for one of our key sectors.
“It will support the research, development, commercialisation and exploitation of new innovative products and services and help companies grow their market share in both domestic and international markets.
“We have some very dynamic SMEs working in sub sectors such as environmental goods and services where there is great potential for wealth creation and spin out activity and I hope the fund will support this activity and help them reach their potential.”
The Fund, which will be accessible to all small and medium sized enterprises working across the Energy and Environment sector, will provide revenue support and will not duplicate the existing Wales SME Investment Fund.
Businesses applying for the non repayable finance will need to provide a minimum of 50% match funding.
Eligible project costs could include:
Costs of bringing in industry specific expertise;
Market research or studies;
Costs of UK trade events;
Costs associated with putting together a bid for larger funds (excluding Welsh Government funded grants);
Legal advice on formation of a consortium or other Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV);
Production of a marketing strategy;
Who's OnlineWe have 36 guests online
Latest News from DECC
Latest Non-Governmental Decentralised Energy Press Releases
- 22/04/14 - Narec Invests in New Generations
- 22/04/14 - Moray OWF Developers Organize Meet the Buyer Event in Wick
- 17/04/14 - Gamesa Launches Innovative Anti-Icing Paint for Wind Turbines
- 16/04/14 - Royal Academy of Engineering Reports on Further Wind Power Development in GB
- 15/04/14 - Work Commenced on Gwynt y Môr O&M Facilities
- 14/04/14 - 40th AREVA Wind Turbine Installed at Global Tech I
- 10/04/2014 - Renewable energy State Aid Guidelines: relief for large scale power but concern for smaller projects
- 10/04/14 - OpenHydro, ARE to Build 300MW Tidal Array off Alderney
- 10/04/14 - Siemens’ MCT Cashes in £1 Million
- 09/04/14 - Buckie Harbour to Benefit from Two Newly Consented OWFs