|07/11/12 - Scottish Renewables responds to National Grid figures 'New Record for Wind Generation'|
|Non Government Decentralised Energy Press Releases - Wind Energy|
|Written by Scottish Renewables|
Scottish Renewables responds to National Grid figures 'New Record for Wind Generation'
Responding to figures published by National Grid which revealed a new record for the maximum output from wind generation in the UK, a spokesperson for Scottish Renewables said:
“These figures from National Grid confirm what many of us have known for some time; that onshore wind is making a significant
“Onshore wind is now a significant part of Scotland’s energy mix and is responsible for thousands of jobs as well as providing the basis for billions of pounds of investment in both electricity infrastructure and other promising renewable energy technologies such as offshore wind and marine.
“Latest figures also show some 35 per cent of Scotland’s electricity needs were met by renewables, with onshore wind making up a the majority of this generation.”
Notes to Editors:
New record for wind generation
A new record for the maximum output from wind generation was achieved yesterday, National Grid has said today.
On 6th November at 3pm, the half hourly average for metered wind generation was 4199 MW. This represented 9.3% of the total
This compares to the previous half hourly record of 4157 MW at 7pm on the 12th September 2012.
Using National Grid’s Wind Power Forecasting System, the forecast 24 hours ahead of real time, was 4055MW - an error of 2.7% of
At 4 hours out, the forecast was 4272 MW, an error of 1.4%.
Alan Smart, Energy Operations Manager, at National Grid said, “The forecasting performance was excellent. Our wind forecasting tool is under continuous development and we have done a lot of work to improve our forecasts on high wind days. As more wind generation is connected to the system, this tool will become increasingly important in helping us manage the electricity system”.
Who's OnlineWe have 35 guests online
Latest News from DECC
Latest Non-Governmental Decentralised Energy Press Releases
- 22/05/13 - Further wave and tidal leasing to accelerate technology development
- 22/05/13 - Crest of a Wave: Industry hails world's largest wave farm and funding boost
- 22/05/13 - E.ON hosts public information sessions and welcomes community comment on proposed High Clachaig Wind Farm
- 22/05/13 - Offshore Substation installed at West of Duddon Sands
- 22/05/13 - Aquamarine Power secures full consent for 40MW Lewis wave energy farm
- 22/05/13 - Gigha gets more power through REIF
- 21/05/13 - SSE Renewables welcomes Highland Council decision on Glencassley wind farm
- 21/05/13 - ScottishPower Renewables Pelamis P2 Machine celebrates one year of accelerated real-sea testing
- 21/05/13 - First turbine successfully installed at Gwynt y Môr Offshore Wind Farm off the coast of Wales
- 20/05/13 - Purac Puregas take biomethane injection to the next level