|11/12/12 - SSE Renewables welcomes decision on Bhlaraidh wind farm and reaffirms its commitment to the Highlands|
|Non Government Decentralised Energy Press Releases - Wind Energy|
|Written by SSE Renewables|
SSE Renewables welcomes decision on Bhlaraidh wind farm and reaffirms its commitment to the Highlands
SSE Renewables, the renewable energy development division of SSE, welcomes today’s unanimous decision by the Highland Council South planning committee to raise no objection, subject to conditions, to the proposed Bhlaraidh wind farm, located north-west of Invermoriston. The final decision on the proposal now rests with Scottish Ministers and is expected next year.
The proposed Bhlaraidh wind farm comprises 36 turbines with a total installed capacity of 108MW. Today’s decision marks a major step in the consent process for the project and follows an open and positive consultation between SSE, the local community and key stakeholders since plans were first proposed in March 2011. This consultation process has resulted in SSE making reductions to the number of turbines and careful re-design of the site.
Director of Onshore Renewables, Colin Nicol, said: “SSE is proud to have been part of the Highland community for generations and we want to make sure local people continue to benefit from the responsible development of the area’s natural energy resources.
**As part of SSE’s commitment to local supply chain initiatives it recently launched a new website www.sseopen4business-highlands.com designed specifically to offer Highland businesses, service providers and local suppliers the opportunity to do business with Scotland’s leading renewable energy generator and developer;
Who's OnlineWe have 25 guests online
Latest News from DECC
Latest Non-Governmental Decentralised Energy Press Releases
- 03/12/13 - ADBA conference calls for more focus on nutrient recycling
- 01/12/13 - UK’s Wind Power Breaks Record by Generating 6GW
- 29/11/13 - Great British Wind Meal celebrates role of wind power sustaining British food and farming
- 28/11/13 - Offshore Wind: Decision Time
- 25/11/13 - Are we getting better at predicting future electricity generation costs?
- 25/11/13 - Research and Markets Release New OW Report
- 25/11/13 - UK: Carbon Trust Publishes Roadmap for Commercial Acceptance of Floating LIDAR
- 23/11/13 - Lease agreement secures landmark floating wind project for UK
- 20/11/13 - Renewables industry welcomes select committee’s call for Pickles to support renewables in new homes
- 20/11/13 - UK: Coastline Completes Submarine Asset Survey for Wave Hub