|11/12/12 - SSE Renewables welcomes decision on Bhlaraidh wind farm and reaffirms its commitment to the Highlands|
|Non Government Decentralised Energy Press Releases - Wind Energy|
|Written by SSE Renewables|
SSE Renewables welcomes decision on Bhlaraidh wind farm and reaffirms its commitment to the Highlands
SSE Renewables, the renewable energy development division of SSE, welcomes today’s unanimous decision by the Highland Council South planning committee to raise no objection, subject to conditions, to the proposed Bhlaraidh wind farm, located north-west of Invermoriston. The final decision on the proposal now rests with Scottish Ministers and is expected next year.
The proposed Bhlaraidh wind farm comprises 36 turbines with a total installed capacity of 108MW. Today’s decision marks a major step in the consent process for the project and follows an open and positive consultation between SSE, the local community and key stakeholders since plans were first proposed in March 2011. This consultation process has resulted in SSE making reductions to the number of turbines and careful re-design of the site.
Director of Onshore Renewables, Colin Nicol, said: “SSE is proud to have been part of the Highland community for generations and we want to make sure local people continue to benefit from the responsible development of the area’s natural energy resources.
**As part of SSE’s commitment to local supply chain initiatives it recently launched a new website www.sseopen4business-highlands.com designed specifically to offer Highland businesses, service providers and local suppliers the opportunity to do business with Scotland’s leading renewable energy generator and developer;
Who's OnlineWe have 506 guests online
Latest News from DECC
Latest Non-Governmental Decentralised Energy Press Releases
- 18/09/14 - Goole Fields 1 Wind Farm is officially opened
- 18/09/14 - First food waste recycling plant in Wales awarded PAS 110 status
- 17/09/14 - Power purchase deal struck for world’s biggest tidal array
- 16/09/14 - Workshop on Reaching Bigger Turnover in OW Sector to Be Held in Kent, UK
- 15/09/14 - RES Offshore Wins Moray Wind Farm Contract
- 15/09/14 - DONG Energy UK to Employ Offshore Wind Experts from Atlas Professionals
- 14/09/14 - Biomethane industry delivers wake up call to government
- 12/09/14 - Horizon Geosciences: Marine Community Working Together to Ensure Better Safety at Sea
- 12/09/14 - The next government’s blueprint for green energy
- 12/09/14 - Biomethane: London’s answer to saving thousands of lives